Payments may be rejected for a various reasons, including most often:
- exceeding the time set for verification (e.g. the time given to us by the intermediary bank)
- insufficient information in the answers provided
- exceeding the level of established risk that the payment involved
- inconsistent sender/recipient data
- unclear reason for the payment
- sending funds to countries flagged by international organizations as sanctioned or high-risk
- other reasons, the details of which we cannot provide but their presence is to protect ZEN customers and their money
Every financial institution, including ZEN, is obliged to conduct risk analyses.
Verifications are routine and can occur at any time.